Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Twas the night before....

So it is the night before Keagan's first bronchoscopy and hospital stay!  I am definitely overwhelmed by all of this!! And I am a big "what if" person, so I just can't help but to sit and wonder that what if they would have put Keagan on a breathing treatment when the cold/cough first started to help move all of this mucus would we still be having to do this? I mean I don't know but maybe I should have been more aggressive with it too! Every experience is a learning one, right? Well it is kind of weird because I packed for a hospital stay but I feel as though I packed to go on a vacation mainly because the hospital is about two and a half hours away from where we live so it's not like if I forgot something I could just run home to get it or have someone bring it to me! Well I am just super nervous and hoping there are no complications with the bronchoscopy and I will be super upset if we miss his first christmas at home :(. But I would just like to add that if anyone reads this who has a perfectly healthy child then you just don't know how lucky you are. Those of us who have a sick child would not trade him/her for anything in the world but ya'll just do not understand how lucky/easy you have it not to constantly have to put your child through treamtents. And if any of you who does have a healthy child sit there and say how you need a break from your child I would like for you to think again because us parents who have to give our children that extra love/care/time for treatment never want a break and it is physically/mentally/emotionally exhausting and we want our children right by our sides 24/7! There are times that I def envy those who have a healthy child but there is nothing in this world that I would trade my Keagan for! I love him dearly and he his my heart, soul, and world! I know I was chosen to give him a perfect life in the world of CF and that is what I am going to do! Well on that note I am going to try and get some sleep (doubt that) as Keagan is sleeping peacefully in his bed...lol! that is usually how it goes for parents! Well goodnight world and check for updates as we are going to be in the hospital for a few days :( See ya soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment